I have found a few things that help me to stay energized on Mondays:
- Wake up before 10am on the Saturday and Sunday before. This helps your body keep closer to it's usual schedule, while still getting a little extra sleep. If you over-sleep, your body gets confused and you never really mentally wake up.
- Keep Sunday naps under 3 hours. There have been times where I slept for 5 or 6 hours on a Sunday afternoon and got NOTHING done. While this may sound appealing, it will hit you hard the next day. When you try to go to sleep that night, you will be mentally awake and it will take a while for your brain to realize that you are trying to sleep again. This will cause you to stay up very late when you have school or work early the next morning.
- Always remember that you are running off of the sleep you got 2 nights ago. Not last night, but the night before! So if you're finding yourself to be exhausted on a Monday, it's because you didn't sleep enough on Saturday. That nap isn't gonna do you any good until Tuesday afternoon.
- Don't deprive yourself, even if you're having fun at the moment! If you're like me and you get lazy when you're tired, you will end up hating life even more when you know there are things that need to get done but you just don't have the motivation to do them! Do yourself a favor and love your body by letting it rest. It does a lot for you every day. Give back(:
- Eat your meals regularly and get on a eating schedule. You will be healthier! Make sure you have snacks between meals because, if you're like me, you get a little edgy and mean when you're hungry. Nobody likes the mean kid. Do everyone a favor(: Eat.
Think of Monday as the beginning of a big slide into the weekend! Try to enjoy the whole ride down and prepare to splash into the fun by staying ahead on homework and various other errands on the weekdays! You won't regret being on the ball and having a weekend that is an actual break. Your weekends will end up meaning more and your weekdays will be more productive and will fly by so much faster!
Main point of my rant: stay on a healthy schedule. Your body will love you and everyone including you will benefit. It's not hard to stick to your own rules as long as you set them(: Love your body. It's the only one you've got!